St. Mary’s Parish School of Religion provides assistance and support to the parents and students who attend public schools (grades K-8). The parish of St. Mary’s recognizes its responsibility as a church community — sharing beliefs, experiences, ideals and values.
PSR meets during the school year on Sunday mornings between the 8 am and 10:30 am masses from 9 am – 10:15 am. PSR WILL BE TAUGHT ONLINE THIS YEAR (2020-21).
PSR Teacher Roster 2020-21 (coming soon)
Contact our PSR Coordinator, Eva Duncan, for more information.
We believe that Catholics are called, through Baptism, to serve God in Faith, Hope, and Love — and we are obligated to help build God’s Kingdom on earth.
We believe that each person is a unique individual — a member of the Mystical Body of Christ, and thereby entitled to respect, kindness, loyalty and love.
We believe that it is the duty and responsibility of Catholic parents, as the first educators of their children, to foster this spiritual growth in their children:
- By good example in thought, word and action.
- By weekly attendace at Mass on Sundays and on Holy Days.
- By teaching their children that Catholics attend Mass to give to God – adoration, praise, thanksgiving, petition – for all we have received from Him, rather than to “get something out of it.”
- By responding in obedience to the doctrines and teachings of the Church, our Holy Father, and our Bishops in these matters.
- To enable each individual to nourish his/her own personal relationship with God through prayer, study, scripture and frequent participation in the Sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation.
- To bring students to recognize the Eucharist Liturgy as the source, expression and celebration of who we are as Catholic Christians.
- To encourage students to grow toward full and active participation in the life and mission of the Church.
- To instruct students in the fundamental values and doctrines of our faith.
- To help each person develop through prayer, study and participation in the liturgical and active life of the Church, a response to their Baptismal call to make the Kingdom of God present here and now in the world.
1802 Madison Avenue · Edwardsville, IL 62025 · 618-656-4857 · © St. Mary’s Parish