Youth Ministry – Sundays after 10:30 am Mass, October 15 – November 12, 2017
All 6th – 8th graders are invited to join in the fun! Pizza lunch and drinks will be provided. Devon and Tim Vance will be the facilitators again this year.
Adult Education: Mystery of God Series – Sundays at 9 am
Join us every Sunday morning from 9 – 10:15 am. We will be viewing the “Mystery of God” series. This is a six-part series and study program by Bishop Robert Barron. He uncovers a clear yet sophisticated understanding of what we mean by “God.” Who is God? And why does He matter? Class will be held in the Adult Ed. Room. Everyone is welcome! Contact Gloria Couvion, DRE at 656-4857 with any questions.
Dinner & Dance – Saturday, December 9, 2017, 6 pm
Continuing the 175th Anniversary celebrations, we’ll have a St. Mary’s Dinner & Dance in the St. Mary’s Ray Hessel Gymnasium. More details to come…
Christ Renews His Parish – Men’s Retreat January 27-28, 2017; Women’s Retreat February 10-11, 2018
Contact Gloria Couvion, DRE at 656-4857 with questions or to reserve your spot. Watch the bulletin for more details to come…
St. Mary’s Parish community has many traditions that translate to annual events. Parishioners enjoy fellowship at many “friend-raisers” throughout the year, some of which have turned into fundraisers for the parish and school. Here’s a list of some of the favorite celebrations and events that bring our parish family together every year:
- Catholic Schools Week (week-long celebration beginning with the last Sunday in January) – St. Mary’s School celebrates all week long with dress-down days, service projects, school-wide games, and special Masses.
- Christ Renews His Parish (January – February) – Men’s and women’s annual weekend retreats given on St. Mary’s campus.
- KC Father-Daughter Dance (Winter) – Hosted by the Knights of Columbus at the KC Hall, dads and daughters of all ages are invited to this fun night of dancing.
- Men’s Prayer Breakfast (usually in February) – Hosted at various locations/parishes throughout the southern part of the diocese, a group of St. Mary’s men attend together.
- Women’s Prayer Breakfast (usually in early Spring) – Hosted at various locations/parishes throughout the southern part of the diocese, a group of St. Mary’s men attend together.
- Ladies Guild Spring Salad Potluck (Spring) & Christmas Luncheon (December) – All ladies of the parish are invited to the Ladies Guild events.
- Easter Triduum (from the evening of Holy Thursday through the evening of Easter Sunday) – St. Mary’s celebrates Mass and special services each evening culminating with the Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday night (where new members of the Catholic Church receive the Sacraments of Initiation) and Easter Sunday Masses.
- Confirmation (late Spring) – St. Mary’s School and PSR eighth graders make their Confirmation at a special Mass scheduled with the Bishop at St. Mary’s Church after a year of sacramental preparation, retreat, and service requirements.
- PTC Dinner-Auction (mid-March) – Biggest St. Mary’s School fundraiser of the year! Parent-Teacher Club hosts a wonderful, themed evening of fun, food, friends, and fundraising!
- First Communion (late Spring) – St. Mary’s School and PSR second graders receive their First Holy Communion at a special Sunday Mass after a year of sacramental preparation and retreat.
- Spring Fest (mid-May) – Parish-wide get-together with food, bags tournament, and kids’ games.
- Vacation Bible School (Summer) – Kindergarten – fourth grade are invited to this parishioner-led week of prayer, worship, and education.
- Men’s Golf Mixer (late Summer/early Fall) – Just a chance for friendly day of golf and camaraderie.
- Fall Fest (second weekend in September) – St. Mary’s Parish community-wide festival with food, music, entertainment, kids’ games, inflatables, bags tournament, paintball, and beer tent.
- Pet Blessing (Fall) – Parishioners are invited to bring their pets to be blessed on the church lawn with prayers asking for the intercession of St. Francis of Assisi.
- First Reconciliation (Winter) – St. Mary’s School and PSR second graders and their families make their First Reconciliation at a special evening service.
- Advent (fourth Sunday before Christmas Day through Christmas Eve) – St. Mary’s Parish and School prepare for the coming of Jesus Christ with service projects, giving trees, and decorations.
- Breakfast with Santa (first weekend in December) – Space Camp fundraiser that brings families together in the gym to visit with Santa and enjoy breakfast and games organized by sixth-grade families.
- Christmas (December 25th) – Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Masses celebrate the joyful season with special choirs, decorations, and presentations.
- Protecting God’s Children (various dates and times throughout the diocese) – Required program for adults 18+ who work, volunteer, or attend events with parish and school children. View the schedule of upcoming workshops.
1802 Madison Avenue · Edwardsville, IL 62025 · 618-656-4857 · © St. Mary’s Parish