Fall Fest – September 7-8, 2018
Games, Bags Tournament, Great Food, Beer Tent, Inflatables, Rock Wall, Face Painting, Entertainment, Raffles, Paintball, Euro Bungee Jumper, Obstacle Course, and more…
St. Mary’s Parish community has many traditions that translate to annual events. Parishioners enjoy fellowship at many “friend-raisers” throughout the year, some of which have turned into fundraisers for the parish and school. Here’s a list of some of the favorite celebrations and events that bring our parish family together every year:
- Catholic Schools Week (week-long celebration beginning with the last Sunday in January) – St. Mary’s School celebrates all week long with dress-down days, service projects, school-wide games, and special Masses.
- Christ Renews His Parish (January – February) – Men’s and women’s annual weekend retreats given on St. Mary’s campus.
- KC Father-Daughter Dance (Winter) – Hosted by the Knights of Columbus at the KC Hall, dads and daughters of all ages are invited to this fun night of dancing.
- Men’s Prayer Breakfast (usually in February) – Hosted at various locations/parishes throughout the southern part of the diocese, a group of St. Mary’s men attend together.
- Women’s Prayer Breakfast (usually in early Spring) – Hosted at various locations/parishes throughout the southern part of the diocese, a group of St. Mary’s men attend together.
- Ladies Guild Spring Salad Potluck (Spring) & Christmas Luncheon (December) – All ladies of the parish are invited to the Ladies Guild events.
- Easter Triduum (from the evening of Holy Thursday through the evening of Easter Sunday) – St. Mary’s celebrates Mass and special services each evening culminating with the Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday night (where new members of the Catholic Church receive the Sacraments of Initiation) and Easter Sunday Masses.
- Confirmation (late Spring) – St. Mary’s School and PSR eighth graders make their Confirmation at a special Mass scheduled with the Bishop at St. Mary’s Church after a year of sacramental preparation, retreat, and service requirements.
- PTC Dinner-Auction (mid-March) – Biggest St. Mary’s School fundraiser of the year! Parent-Teacher Club hosts a wonderful, themed evening of fun, food, friends, and fundraising!
- First Communion (late Spring) – St. Mary’s School and PSR second graders receive their First Holy Communion at a special Sunday Mass after a year of sacramental preparation and retreat.
- Spring Fest (mid-May) – Parish-wide get-together with food, bags tournament, and kids’ games.
- Vacation Bible School (Summer) – Kindergarten – fourth grade are invited to this parishioner-led week of prayer, worship, and education.
- Men’s Golf Mixer (late Summer/early Fall) – Just a chance for friendly day of golf and camaraderie.
- Fall Fest (second weekend in September) – St. Mary’s Parish community-wide festival with food, music, entertainment, kids’ games, inflatables, bags tournament, paintball, and beer tent.
- Pet Blessing (Fall) – Parishioners are invited to bring their pets to be blessed on the church lawn with prayers asking for the intercession of St. Francis of Assisi.
- First Reconciliation (Winter) – St. Mary’s School and PSR second graders and their families make their First Reconciliation at a special evening service.
- Advent (fourth Sunday before Christmas Day through Christmas Eve) – St. Mary’s Parish and School prepare for the coming of Jesus Christ with service projects, giving trees, and decorations.
- Parish Dinner-Dance – a parish-wide semi-formal event started in 2017 when St. Mary’s celebrated its 175th Anniversary and everyone loved it so much, we decided to make it an annual event!
- Breakfast with Santa (first weekend in December) – Space Camp fundraiser that brings families together in the gym to visit with Santa and enjoy breakfast and games organized by sixth-grade families.
- Christmas (December 25th) – Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Masses celebrate the joyful season with special choirs, decorations, and presentations.
- Protecting God’s Children (various dates and times throughout the diocese) – Required program for adults 18+ who work, volunteer, or attend events with parish and school children. View the schedule of upcoming workshops.
1802 Madison Avenue · Edwardsville, IL 62025 · 618-656-4857 · © St. Mary’s Parish